Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools
Colnbrook Church of England Primary School is very proud to be a church school linked with the Church of England and the Diocese of Oxford.
Every five years, each church school has a SIAMS Inspection. The ‘Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools’ follows a timetable which is independent of Ofsted. The principal objective of the inspection is to address the question:
‘How effective is the school’s distinctive Christian vision, established and promoted by leadership at all levels, in enabling pupils and adults to flourish?’
We are very pleased that, in our most recent inspection, we were rated 'Good'. To view the full SIAMS Inspection report please click here.
We have adopted our own Bible story - Joshua and The Wall of Jericho - and this sits alongside our Vision Statement which you can view here. Children are given regular opportunities to reflect and think about our vision and how it impacts their lives in school and beyond. The staff and leadership team are passionate about enabling children to be 'strong and courageous'; helping them to succeed and be the best they can be.
Our Diocesan website: https://www.oxford.anglican.org/schools/
We have links with the following:
- The church community; with weekly visits from local vicars and ministers to lead collective worship
- St Thomas' Church, Colnbrook; (https://www.facebook.com/stthomascolnbrook/)
- The parish vicar visits regularly to lead worship
- The parish vicar is part of the school's local governing board and is a member of the school's Vision and Values Committee
- The vicar supports staff and pupils in a pastoral way where appropriate
- The elderly people in our community who are invited to the school annually for morning coffee
- The local Parish Council, where we are involved in such projects as community litter picking and they supply our end of term awards (http://www.colnbrookwithpoyle-pc.gov.uk/)
- The Colnbrook Residents' Association (https://www.facebook.com/ColnbrookResidentsAssociation/)
- Slough Foodbank, who we support annually (https://slough.foodbank.org.uk/)
- Home-Start, Slough (https://hsslough.co.uk/)
We regularly upload information to our Pupil Wellbeing tab which you can view on our drop-down menu.
Our RE and Collective Worship policies can be viewed on our 'Policies' page.