Modern Foreign Language
Parlons Français! (Let’s speak French!)
At Colnbrook C of E Primary School, children in Key Stage 2 learn a modern foreign language in a weekly lesson using Kapow Primary scheme of work. Our choice of language is French. The children in Year 3 to 6 are provided with a balance of both spoken and written language which follow the National Curriculum. In our school, we aim to:
· Develop an enthusiasm and respect for learning a new language
· Develop the speaking, listening, reading and writing skills for a new language
· Develop an interest in different cultures and life styles within our school community and the wider world
· Develop opportunities for children to be courageous and work collaboratively while interacting with others.
· Develop respect and global awareness about issues faced by our planet
Our MFL curriculum map can be viewed alongside other subjects on the curriculum overview page.