At Colnbrook C of E Primary School our intent for Science is for our children:
- To enjoy science by ensuring that lessons are engaging and fun
- To develop their scientific knowledge and find answers through first-hand experience and practical investigations
- To ensure they are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to help take their learning further
- To have access to the language and vocabulary of science
- To develop their science capital
Scientific enquiry skills are embedded in each topic the children study and these topics are revisited and developed throughout their time at school. Our Science curriculum allows pupil’s to build natural curiosity and scientific approach to problems. It also enables them to develop and use a range of skills including observations, planning and investigations, as well as being encouraged to question the world around them.
Science is taught throughout the school in weekly lessons. The school follows the Cornerstones Curriculum Maestro, which covers units of study linked to the National Curriculum. Each of the units shows progression in the key scientific knowledge and concepts required from Year 1 to Year 6.
Click here for the science curriculum map.